Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Number Two, In Which We Are Privy to an Idea of Sorts

At this very moment, I am blogging from the comfort of an Extended Stay hotel in Bellevue, WA. My family and I are vacationing in the Seattle area and visiting much of the sights and scenes out here in the Pacific Northwest. As an example, we found ourselves in Astoria, Oregon, and I totally geeked out at the prospect of visiting the Goonies house. It turns out, the people who own the home are cool with pedestrian visitors walking up and taking photos and truffle shuffling and whatnot around their home. Pretty cool.

In addition to this, my wife wanted to visit Snoqualmie Falls which, I must say, was dramatically awesome. As we approached the viewpoint, I looked out and noticed the Salish Lodge on the cliff. It seemed rather familiar and I finally realized that it was the hotel from Twin Peaks. Looking around the town of Snoqualmie, I recognized several places that were obvious shooting locations from the show. Needless to say, I had a couple of good fanboy moments.

Anyway, as we were out and about today, I had a thought. I decided that, on the semi-lengthy journey back from Washington to Minnesota, I could very well have enough time to write a story. Thus, I am planning on focusing my time to completing an entire 5,000+ word story to be submitted to some lit-mag at completion. I'll be updating occasionally about this venture on Twitter via #writehome, assuming everything goes to plan. I'll let you know what I'm writing about, as well as the process of submitting it. Let me know what you think of the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment